Thursday 27 October 2011

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick Review, Swatches & Photos

Many thanks to Makeup and Macaroons for giving me the push I needed to try something other than Chanel for once! As soon as I saw Lilit's post I popped onto Strawberrynet and snabbed two up for myself- Peach Passion #13 and Lingerie Pink #7!

First impressions?: YSL Rouge Voluptes, where have you been all my life!? Your packaging is so decadent, so elegant, so magnificent that I can just imagine HRH Princess Kate Middleton stashing one of these lovelies into her princess clutch and whipping it out to touch up her royal lips after a snog with Willy *sigh*.

Pigmentation wise, you just smash it out of the ball park. One swipe is all I need to get perfect lips with the right amount of colour. If there was only one tiny thing I'd change about you, it's how fast you wear off... but you can't win at everything, no?

See the amazing packaging below:


Top- Peach Passion, Below, Lingerie Pink

Left Peach Passion, Right Lingerie Pink

SWATCHES

Left, Peach Passion, Right, Lingerie Pink


Lingerie Pink
Very pale, cool toned baby pink. Perfect paired with dramatic, smokey eyes


Peach Passion
A light-medium coral that can be worn with just about anything.It's a very flattering colour.


I highly recommend these if you're looking to invest in a high end lipstick. At $55 a pop, they aren't cheap so you really need to go into a stockist and take your time mulling over the colours. Once you find your perfect shade, you'll be in heaven!

Buy it from: Myer, David Jones, Strawberrynet
RRP: $55

Keep it Haute XX

No comments:

Post a Comment