Thursday 13 October 2011

FOTD: Back to Basics: Angelic Nude



At the Australian Beauty Bloggers Weekend just passed, FACE OF AUSTRALIA introduced us to  4 of their new looks:

  • Angelic Nude
  • Baby Doll
  • Sleek Sophisticate
  • Morning After
For today's FOTD I decided to do my take on the "Angelic Nude" look as part of my "Back to Basics" series.

Here's the official photo:

 Images courtesy of FACE OF AUSTRALIA and are not to be reproduced,republished or reused. Images remain the property of FACE OF AUSTRALIA

Basically, the look entails natural foundation, lightly flushed cheeks, nude eyes and a soft pink pout. 

Because I am me, I can never go without eyeliner and eyeshadow, so I've added that to the look :D I didn't use much powder of concealer to keep the look "real". I know it look slightly different from the official image, I've just adapted it to my tastes and preferences. I need to have defined eyes all the time, lest I look like a 12 year old! :)

Here is my interpretation of the "Angelic Nude" look:

    Face
    Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation
    FACE OF AUSTRALIA Translucent Powder
    Illamasqua Cream Blush in Rude

    IRL these shadows were a lot less shimmery and quite matte.
    Eyes
    Urban Decay Naked Palette- Half Baked and Smog
    Napoleon Perdis China Doll Eyeliner
    Sublime de Chanel Mascara

    Lips
    FACE OF AUSTRALIA Lipstick in Silver Rose


    SEE HOW LITTLE PRODUCTS I'VE USED!?

    I really like this lipstick- it works perfectly on my skin tone and is really moisturising. PLUS it has SPF 30+!!! Perfect for the harsh QLD summer.

    I'd love to see you guys do an "Angelic Nude" interpretation so PLEASE leave me a link in the comments.

    Keep it Haute! xx

    No comments:

    Post a Comment