Thursday 13 October 2011

Exclusive Review- Illamasqua FREAK Eau de Parfum






I've never anticipated a Parfum release as much as Illasmasqua FREAK. I mean, you know how much I love Illasmasqua, so their folly into the land of Parfum has sent me into an olfactory daze.

Now I know you're thinking "Why the snail?" I've done a little bit of research and have found out that a snail symbolises "resurrection" thus fitting perfectly with the "Alter-Ego Night-Makeup" ethos of Illamasqua. It's all about creating another persona!

You'll also notice the bottle is perched on it's side. For me, it gives the impression that the bottle will stand out in a sea of "upright" bottles... The fragrance truly is more those who want to stand out. 

This is Illamasqua's official release on the bottle:

"Freak is encased in beautifully ornate art deco inspired bottle, tilted to one side, as though confirming to the dictates of an alternate reality. It's smoked glass dances in the light and features a delicate silver snail and its trail, symbolising an addictive passionate path that is both distinctive and unusually provocative"

I knew from the get go that this fragrance would be different, bold and majorly powerful and I can honestly say that it delivered. Oh it delivered.

Let me be frank, this is no Daisy by Marc Jacobs. 

As soon as I smelt it, the first thought that came to my mind was:

Taken from Google Images. I do not support smoking. It's Rita Hayworth btw...



This fragrance SCREAMS Old Hollywood Glamour. It's a fragrance that demands the room, exudes confidence and expects attention.

If you could bottle a powerful and sexy woman, this would be it. As soon as I sprayed this on me, my confidence soared. Such is the power of this fragrance. It's damn sexy.

So what are the notes?

Be prepared... it's like nothing I've seen before:

Top Notes
Black Davana, Opium Flower and Belladonna

Middle Notes
Poison Hemlock, Datura and Queen of the Night Blossom

Base Notes
 Frankincense, Myrrh and Oud

What's damn awesome about this fragrance is the Queen of the Night note... You see Queen of the Night blooms only ONE night every year. JUST ONCE! That's pretty damn awesome in my opinion... and exclusive enough for me to love it.

This is Queen of the Night:
So as you can see, it's most defiantly NOT for the faint hearted. Opium, Queen of the Night, Poison Hemlock OH MY!

When trying the fragrance, give it a little time to settle on the skin before making a decision. Let it react with the skin's chemistry...

 Founder and Joint MD of Illamasqua, Julian Kynaston, describes FREAK:

"For me FREAK is all of the dangerous and sexy part of Kubrick's film Eyes Wide Shut captured in a bottle. There is no middle ground with FREAK. The name, the packaging and the fragrance will polarise opinion simply from love to hate"


FREAK is available from October 10th at all Illamasqua counters (in Myer for us Aussies). RRP is $149AUD.

Unleash your inner sex symbol with FREAK.

Keep it Haute xx

No comments:

Post a Comment