Thursday 27 October 2011

Lola by Marc Jacobs Eau de Parfum- Why You So Nice?!


I must admit... I've never really wanted to try or cared about Lola by Marc Jacobs. Basically anything that creates a lot of hype instantly turns me off... I mean, I don't want to look and smell like every girl who walks down the street, right?! So I've always given this fragrance the cold shoulder and moved on.

That is until I smelt it for the first time at the Maxted Thomas PR Beauty Gala Event for ABBW 2011. Spurred on by the lovely Coty lady (whose name escapes me), I cast my arrogance aside and smelt the roses. And I have to say, it was amazing.

I was honestly expecting something insanely sweet and girly so I was rather surprised by the warmth and depth and femininity in the parfum!

But enough talking, onto the details!

Notes

Top Notes
"Sparkling Fruitness"
Pink Peppercorn, Pear, Ruby Grapefruit

Middle Notes
"Ultra Feminine Florals"
Rose, Fuschia Peony, Geranium

Base Notes
"Warm and Seductive"
Vanilla, Tonka Bean, Creamy Musk


This fragrance is really nice in that the notes progress quite markedly on the skin:- You start with the burst of freshness, followed by the soft, pretty florals then end with the sexy base notes.


The Bottle
We all know Marc Jacobs is a creative genius so how could we expect any less from his fragrance bottles? Lola's bottle is created to reflect the "Floral Bouquet" inspiration by having a flower blooming from it's holding. Colours of Plum, Fuschia and Red play on the femininity of the fragrance. Detailed gold "rope" underneath the flower contrasts against the lilac bottle beautifully.



Top view of the Flower Design



Day or Night Fragrance?
Personally, I am going to be wearing this fragrance during the day as it is so fresh and pretty, but I'm most certain it can be worn at night! 

So, I'd like to really thank you, Coty Lady, for giving me the opportunity to smell this parfum. It most defiantly is becoming a staple in my collection. In the future I think I should stop be such an Olfactory Snob, no?

Buy It From: Myer, David Jones
RRP: $120 for 50ml. Being Christmas time there will be Gift Packs available that include a shower gel and body lotion.

Which perfumes are you loving at the moment? Do you prefer the ultra girly scents or the deep seductive scents? LET ME KNOW!
 
XX

No comments:

Post a Comment