Thursday 27 October 2011

Back to the Basics- My Favourite Sheer Pink Lip Glosses

Sometimes I get so caught up in the hype of beauty trends that I begin to loose my "natural" beauty under the piles and piles of product I put on my face.

For example, on a daily basis I wear:
  • Serum
  • Moisturiser
  • Primer
  • Eye Cream
  • Eyelid Primer
  • Foundation
  • Concealer
  • Powder
  • Contour
  • Blush
  • Highlighter
  • Eyeshadow
  • Eyeliner
  • Mascara
  • Brow Pencil
  • Lip Pencil
  • Lipstick
Love your style, Mimi, but it's just not me!

It can all get a little bit overwhelming and time consuming at times, so I've decided to strip Back to the Basics and adopt a "less is more" mind set. After all "Minimal Chic" is so sheek this season.

So here are my Favourite Sheer Pink Lipglosses aka "My Go To Lip Product When I Can't Be Bothered":

L-R: FOA Morning Mist, Castle Dew Oversetting Gloss No 33, Chanel Glossimer No 89


FOA Morning Mist

This a new release and I was blessed enough to receive one at the Australian Beauty Bloggers Weekend FOA Masterclass (what a mouth full).

It's a sheer rosy pink with silver micro shimmer. The applicator is a glorious doe foot and the formula is sticky enough to stick to the lips but not of molasses consistency (WIN)





Castle Dew Oversetting Gloss No 33

This little beauty is from a wee tiny Korean shop in Brisbane called "Cozy Corner". It's a cool based pink with silver micro shimmer. The formula is quite thick (in a good way) and once it's on the lips it doesn't budge. It's really a lovely product and I do use this one on a daily basis.

This one also has a doe foot applicator and an awesome lid that looks like a blingy crown! YAY!





Chanel Glossimer No 89

What's a Haute and Stylish post without a bit of Chanel right?

This gloss is more on the Rosy side but is incredibly sheer once applied. When I received it from StrawberryNet, I was a bit worried it'd be too dark but low and behold it's perfect. The pink and silver microshimmer throughout the gloss give an air of sophistication and fun :)

The formula is super smooth with no grit and applies like a dream using the doe foot applicator. This is my favourite of all the three.




So what do you guys think of the "Less is More" trend? Do you tend to get carried away with make-up like I do?

Thanks for stopping by,

Keep it Haute

No comments:

Post a Comment